Terms and Conditions
Huckletree Terms and Conditions
• “Us or we or Huckletree”: Huckletree Limited (registered at 115 Alexandra Park Road, London N10 2DP) or any of our subsidiaries, be they fully or partly-owned.
• “You or Your”: The individual or company listed on the attached Membership Information form.
• “Team Admin”: The only named Team Member who is permitted to make changes to this Agreement and/or give notice to terminate this Agreement on your behalf.
• “Team Member”: Each member of your team that you have paid for to receive access to your Workspace and other benefits, all of whom are bound by the terms of this Membership Agreement.
• “Members”: any individuals, including the Team Members, using the Huckletree Workspace.
• “Membership Period”: The term of your Membership Agreement.
• “Membership Agreement”: The entire contents of this contract.
• “Minimum Commitment Period”: The minimum term, as set out on the Membership Information Form, that you agree to hold your membership with us and before you are permitted to make any changes to or terminate your Membership Agreement. This term refers to an amount of full calendar months.
• “Member Dashboard”: The private area of the Huckletree website. This is where you will make all changes to your Membership Plan and profile or purchase any additional services.
• “Membership Plan”: The type and use of the Workspace which you decide to take up with us and as set out in detail in the Membership Information Form in this Membership Agreement.
• “Huckletree Site”: The premises set out in the Membership Information Form where Your Workspace is located.
• “Confidential Information”: All information, know-how, prices, processes and initiatives of Huckletree Limited.
• “Community Lead”: The Lead Community Manager at your Huckletree Site.
• “Workspace”: Your desk(s) at Huckletree, be it within GlassBox private offices or in the open-plan zone.
• “GlassBox”: A private office within the Huckletree Workspace.
• “Dedicated Desks”: Your own desk within the open-plan zone of the Workspace.
• “Hotdesking Plans”: Flexible (10 days per calendar month) or Unlimited hotdesking plans within the open-plan zone of the Workspace.
• “Normal Business Hours”: From 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday and with the exception of Bank Holidays.
Subject to the terms of this Membership Agreement, your Huckletree membership will provide you with:
• Access to your furnished office space. Access points and times may vary between Huckletree’s different membership plans.
• Daily cleaning of the office space.
• Maintenance of the office space, although you agree to be responsible for any damage caused..
• Use of Wifi Internet services and all general utilities.
• Access to meeting rooms with Audio Visual facilities (site and room dependent). Depending on your membership plan, and always subject to availability, you may be entitled to a number of meeting room hours per month. This allowance may not be rolled over from month to month. If you use the conference room without credit you agree that you are subject to the room at the listed price.
• Access to our kitchen, which we will keep stocked with tea and coffee for your consumption.
• Paid use of our printer/copier/scanner.
• Acceptance of mail and deliveries during normal working hours on business days.
• Opportunity to participate in our events schedule and members-only benefits and promotions.
• Use of our extra services for additional prices where required and upon availability.
PROVISION OF SERVICES
• You have a non-exclusive right of access to and use of your Workspace. You may not timeshare your membership. You may only have as many people working in your Workspace as equals the number of Team Members which you have agreed to pay for as part of your Membership Plan.
• We are not liable for any loss as a result of our failure to provide a service due to a mechanical breakdown, internet outage, strike, delay, failure of staff, termination of our interest in the building containing your Huckletree Workspace, insured risk or otherwise.
• We do not guarantee to provide internet access in our Workspaces at all times. There may be times where the internet is slower than we would like it to be, or not working at all, however, Huckletree will endeavor to provide back-up services if faced with this situation.
• Other than in respect of death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our agents, Huckletree shall have no liability to you in respect of any act, omission, neglect, delay of default by any of our staff, contractors or agents.
• We will not in any circumstances have any liability for loss of business, loss of profits, loss of anticipated savings, loss or damage to data, third party claims or any indirect, special or consequential loss. We strongly advise you to insure against all such potential loss, damage expense or liability. Huckletree takes no responsibility for the loss of personal property, equipment or materials, including but not limited to damages for lost profits, loss of confidential or other information, business interruption, personal injury, loss of privacy, failure to meet any duty, negligence or any other loss.
• Subject to the provisions of the previous two paragraphs, our total liability to you arising from or in connection with this Membership Agreement and in relation to anything which we may have done or not done in connection with this Membership Agreement (and whether the liability arises because of breach of contract, negligence or for any other reason) shall be limited to the fees paid or payable by you in the 6 months period immediately preceding the event giving rise to such liability (or, in the case of a series of connected events, the first of such events).
• If for any reason we cannot provide the services stated in your Membership Agreement by your Start Date, we have no liability to you for any loss or damages, but you may cancel the agreement without penalty. We will not charge you any fees until the services become available.
• The services offered are at all times subject to the terms of this Membership Agreement.
YOU AGREE TO
(1) When this agreement becomes binding:
• By completing and signing this application for membership to a Workspace you are agreeing to be bound by the terms of this Agreement, in the event that your application for membership is accepted by us.
• Please note that execution of this Agreement does not mean that our application for membership has been accepted. Your completed Agreement constitutes an offer to us to accept your membership application. Huckletree is not bound to accept your application and may at our discretion, decline to accept your order.
• Where we accept your application for membership, we will confirm such acceptance to you by sending you an email confirming acceptance and notifying you when your Workspace will be available.
• The terms of this Agreement will then automatically become binding upon each of us.
• If we do not accept your application and you have paid us a deposit, we will refund your deposit and the terms of this Agreement will not be binding on either of us.
(2) Our rights:
• We are entitled to access your Workspace, with or without notice, for cleaning, maintenance, safety or emergency purposes. We reserve the right to move or alter your Workspace during these times.
• We may at any time alter these terms and conditions and the pricing for our membership and services. Prior notice to Members of any such alterations will be provided in our internal newsletters not less than 7 days before any such alterations come into effect. Unless you object to these changes once notified, you will be deemed to have accepted them,
• We reserve the right to employ CCTV as a means to monitoring the security our Members using the Workspace.
• In no way does your membership with us constitute a lease agreement.
(3) Your responsibility over the premises:
• Upon your departure we reserve the right to charge additional reasonable fees for any repairs needed on your behalf above and beyond normal wear and tear. If your membership includes a private office, your office will be repainted as standard procedure when you leave with this cost being withdrawn from your deposit.
• If you leave any of your own property in the communal areas of the Huckletree Site, we may dispose of it in any way we choose without owing you any responsibility for it or any proceeds of sale.
(4) Your team:
• You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the names of your Team Members on the Huckletree website, in your online team profile.
• If you anticipate any changes to the individuals designated as Team Members, the Team Admin must update the Member Dashboard with the name(s) and email address(s) of the departing and new Team Member(s) and the effective date of this change.
• Only those individuals set forth in the team’s profile on the Huckletree website will be deemed to be Team Members and entitled to access to your Workspace and to the benefits described in this Membership Agreement.
• If the number of Team Members exceeds the number allocated on the Huckletree website, you will be required to pay additional fees per member. We reserve the right to limit the number of additional Team Members in connection with this Membership Agreement as we see fit.
• Availability at your Huckletree Site is subject to sufficient space being free to accommodate those Members wishing to have access at any one time.
• We have the right to determine appropriate capacity levels so as to ensure all Members receive an optimum experience of their use of the Huckletree Site.
• If you are on one of our Hotdesking plans, there may be times when there is no desk available for you to use and you need to work from the breakout zones.
• Access is always subject to sufficient space being available.
• From time to time, any Member may be required to move to a different desk or office to accommodate for the efficient use of space. For Members on Dedicated or GlassBox plans, prior notice of any such request will be provided to the Team Admin in writing not less than 7 days before any such alterations come into effect.
OUR HOUSE RULES
• Office use of a retail nature, involving frequent visits by members of the public, is not permitted.
• You will not operate a business which competes with our business in any way (including, but not limited to coworking spaces or office rental).
• You agree not to use the name Huckletree or Huckletree Limited in any way in connection with your business, without prior approval from the Community Lead.
• You will comply with all relevant laws and regulations in the conduct of your business.
• You will not do anything that may interfere with the use of the Huckletree Workspace by us or by others, cause any nuisance or annoyance, increase the insurance premiums we have to pay or cause loss or damage (directly or indirectly) to us or to the owner of any interest in the building which contains the Huckletree Workspace.
• You are liable for any and all damage (and resulting costs) caused by you or those in the Huckletree Workspace with your permission or at your invitation.
• You will not install any office equipment, safes, lockable storage, printers, additional storage, cabling, IT or telecoms connections switches or hubs, without prior approval from the Community Lead. You will not attach or affix any items to the walls, install antennas, or telecommunication lines or devices in the Workspace or bring additional furniture into the Workspace, without prior approval from the Community Lead. You are responsible for the cleanliness and presentability of your Workspace and any item left on the hotdesking open plan area will be thrown away every evening.
• You will not use the internet connection to host, spam, access inappropriate adult material, or conduct illegal activities. Huckletree requires members to comply at all times with the relevant provisions of the Digital Economy Act 2010 when using the Huckletree Workspace free internet connection.
• You will not attempt to gain access to any computer systems or Huckletree networks, or attempt to obtain any materials or information not intentionally made available to all Huckletree users. You will not use Huckletree in connection with any unlawful or immoral activity or perform any activity likely to be disrupting or dangerous to other members.
• Members will only receive an access card once they have uploaded their ID Proof to your Member Dashboard. You will ensure all Team Members keep access cards secure and agree to pay the replacement fee if any are lost. Upon termination of this Membership Agreement all access cards must be returned or a replacement fee will be charged.
• You will not allow any guest(s) to enter the building without registering such guest(s) according to our policies.
• You will notify us promptly of any changes to your Team Members or Membership Plan.
• You agree to supply Huckletree with up to date ID records for each and every team member.
• It is your responsibility to read email newsletters from us as they may contain information relating to changes in fees, services or other elements of this Membership Agreement. If you do not contact us to terminate your Membership Agreement then you will be deemed to have accepted these changes.
• We may disclose information about you or your Team Members as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or government request.
• You will not misrepresent yourself to any Huckletree Member or any member of our Community Management Team.
• You are responsible for leaving the your Workspace and the common areas in a tidy state and condition. This includes consuming any hot food within the kitchen and surrounding breakout areas only. Any spillages and resulting accidents are your responsibility.
• You may be exposed to confidential information whilst at Huckletree (e.g. business information, trade secrets, technology, customers and prospects). You agree to keep all such information confidential, except where compelled by competent legal authority to disclose it.
The terms of your agreement are confidential. You agree not to disclose them without consent unless required to do so by law or an official authority. This obligation continues after your agreement ends.
It is your responsibility to arrange at your own expense all insurances relating to personal property, commercial general liability covering yourself and your Team Members for property loss and damage and injury to yourselves or your guests. We accept no responsibility for any loss of or damage to your property (or that of your visitors) while they are using the Huckletree Workspace or any of the services offered. You agree to provide proof of insurance upon request.
If the Huckletree Workspace is one in which dogs are permitted and if any Team Member plans on bringing a pet into the Huckletree Workspace, we will require this Member to produce proof of vaccination for such pet in a form satisfactory to us. All pets should remain inside your GlassBox Private Office or inside one of our Dog Condos and cannot sit beside you in the open-plan zone. If any of your Team Members brings a dog without proof of vaccination, or other unlawful animal into the building, you will be responsible for any injury caused by this animal to other Members or guests or to the property of the foregoing. Neither us nor our employees will be responsible for any injury to such pets. We reserve the right to at anytime restrict any Member’s right to bring a pet into the building.
(3) Other Members:
In case of a dispute between you or one of your Team Members and another Member we are under no responsibility to mediate or participate.
(4) Technology Release:
In order to make use of all the systems offered at Huckletree, it may be necessary to install software onto a Member’s device. In addition, from time to time, at a Member’s request, we or an affiliate may help troubleshoot problems a Member may have in trying to access certain functionalities, such as printing or accessing the Internet. You agree that we (including our staff and our affiliates): are not responsible for any damage to any Member’s computer system related to such technical support or downloading and installation of any software; do not assume any liability or warranty in the event that any manufacturer warranties are voided; and do not offer any verbal or written warranty, either expressed or implied, regarding the success of any technical support.
(5) Conference Room Bookings:
Conference rooms must be booked in advance. Use of the Conference rooms is subject to availability and for a minimum period of one hour. If occupation of a Conference room overruns the booking period the additional period will be charged by the hour. Provided that you give us 24 hours notice, we will change your conference room booking to another date, subject to availability. There are no refunds on conference room bookings. Free monthly conference room allocation is capped at 10 hours per calendar month per any one company (subject to any written sub-agreement with Members).
(6) Pay As You Go Bookings:
Provided you give us 24 hours notice, we will change your Pay As You Go day booking to another date, subject to availability. There are no refunds on Pay As You Go bookings.
We reserve the right to inspect and/or remove (including by force) the contents of any unit if we suspect it is being used in contravention of the terms of this Membership Agreement. In the event that a Member fails to remove property from the unit, upon termination of this Membership Agreement, we shall have the right to remove/dispose of any such property. We shall be under no obligation to notify you of any such removal/disposal and shall incur no liability for any loss or damage which you may sustain as a result of such removal or disposal.
(8) Mailing Address:
We offer only a postal address to which post and parcels may be sent and we do not provide a forwarding service. Under Section 75 of the London Local Authorities Act 2007 we are required by law to keep records of all businesses that have mail held at Huckletree for collection or mail forwarding. In relation to any application for the Registered Address service, Huckletree will undertake all necessary background checks in order to comply with its statutory and regulatory obligations whether imposed by local authorities, HMRC, anti-money laundering legislation or otherwise and shall entitled to share the results of those checks with governmental or other regulatory agencies where it is deemed appropriate or where Huckletree is under other legal obligation to do so. In the event that the information supplied by a Member with reference to a Registered Address application is discovered at any time to be inaccurate or incomplete or if the results of any background check are unsatisfactory for any reason then Huckletree will refuse to grant the application and immediately terminate the Service without refunding any unused proportion of their Registered Address service fee. If a Member’s application for the Registered Address service is granted the Member shall be under a continuing obligation to notify Huckletree of any change to the information given on the Application Form or any relevant change in circumstances at any time during the period of his or her membership.
Once your Membership Agreement has been terminated, we will no longer hold any mail or packages delivered to us and you agree that we may dispose of any mail or packages and you will waive any claim or demands regarding your mail or packages delivered after termination of your Membership Agreement.
Members are limited to 3 guests at a time, and with each guest staying a maximum of 2 hours. If you are a Private Office member you may have as many visitors as there is capacity in your office. Guests must remain inside your office or at one of our break-out spots but are not authorised to work from our open-plan desks. If you are bringing in more than 3 guests at a time, you agree to book out a meeting room. For security reasons, each and every guest must be signed in when they enter Huckletree.
All Confidential Information disclosed by us to you, include remains the sole and exclusive property of Huckletree Limited. You acknowledge and agree that nothing in this Agreement or your participation or use of the services will be construed as granting any rights to you, by license or otherwise, in or to any Confidential Information or any patent, copyright or other intellectual property or proprietary rights of Huckletree Limited, or any other Member.
You release, and hereby agree to indemnify and defend Huckletree, its affiliates, divisions, and their past, present and future officers, agents, shareholders, Members, representatives and employees, from and against all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, costs (including reasonable legal fees), expenses, judgments, fines and penalties based upon or arising out of (i) your negligent actions, errors and omissions, willful misconduct and fraud in connection with the participation in or use of the services, (ii) any breach by you of the terms of this Agreement;( iii) any advice that you were given (by our staff, affiliates or another Member) whilst working at Huckletree that you deem to have caused any negative impact or result on your business or personal wellbeing;(iv) all costs, damages or losses associated with any third party claim arising from any act or omission by you;(v) any injuries sustained whilst working from your workspace unless the injury is a result of our negligence to provide you with a safe environment. If roofs or other terraces are made available you hereby indemnify us from any accidents resulting in the use of such space.
Any recommendations or suggestions given by a Community Lead or any other member of Huckletree’s staff cannot and should not be relied upon, and must not be considered to be formal advice. Huckletree, its Community Lead nor any other member of Huckletree staff shall have any liability to you in respect of any assistance given to you in preparing your presentation and you agree and hereby do indemnify Huckletree, it’s Community Lead and its staff in respect of any claim or liability which arises in respect of such assistance
(12) No Assignment:
You will not transfer or assign any part of this Membership Agreement or any of your rights or obligations therein without our prior consent.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
(1) Charging Your Payment Card:
In agreeing to this Membership Agreement you authorise us to charge your credit or debit card on a monthly basis for all of the below fees:
• Your monthly membership fees; payable on the 1st of each month in advance during the term of your Membership Agreement;
• The initial Setup Fees;
• Any Security Deposit;
• Fees for any printing, conference room usage, mailing address or any other additional service that you have opted to use;
• Fees for any overuse of the conference rooms;
• Fees to participate in any events or workshops;
• Any costs payable to us for damage to your Workspace;
• Any costs payable to us for a replacement access card; and
• Any other fees or costs payable to us pursuant to this Agreement.
(2) Setup Fees:
Before entering into your Membership Agreement, you may be required to pay a non-refundable and non-transferrable setup fee. These fees may differ between the Huckletree Workspaces and Sites. We reserve the right to waive this setup fee as we deem appropriate.
(3) Security Deposit:
Before entering into your Membership Agreement, you may be required to pay a refundable security deposit, generally equal to one month’s membership fees. The security deposit will be returned to you no later than thirty (30) days following the termination of this agreement, subject to the complete satisfaction of your obligations under this agreement and minus the cost of repainting your office. The security deposit is not intended to be a reserve from which fees may be paid. In the event you owe us other fees, you may not rely on deducting them from the security deposit, but must pay them separately.
(4) Membership Fees:
All membership fees plus VAT are due in full on the first day of each calendar month. Your first month will be prorated and on the 1st of the next calendar month your full month’s payment will be drawn. Payment will be withdrawn automatically every month on the 1st until you end your agreement with us. We reserve the right to store your credit card details via our online Payment Gateway to ensure that you are automatically billed on your billing day every month, as well as in between billing dates, should you purchase any add-on services. Pricing may vary between the Huckletree sites.
(5) Overusage Fees:
Your membership plan may entitle you to a certain amount of conference room hours per month or to a certain amount of days in your Workspace. Should you go over this amount you will be charged at the standard rate to continue using these services.
(6) Late Fees:
If payment has not been received by the 15th of the month we reserve the right to charge late fees and withhold services. If we are unable to debit your fees when due we will charge you interest and compensation at the rate prescribed by the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (interest) Act 1998 on all sums payable under this Agreement which remain unpaid for 7 days from the due date, such interest being calculated from the due date for payment to the date of payment. Failure to pay or late payment of membership charges or other charges may result in us terminating your membership. We reserve the right to take appropriate steps to recover arrears.
(7) Outstanding Fees:
Upon receiving fees for outstanding balances from you, we will apply the received amounts to the earliest month due first. Once past balances are satisfied, any remaining funds received will be applied to current fees due.
You hereby accept that we will not refund any amounts for a period when membership is unused or days unredeemed, nor for any Pay As You Go or Meeting Room bookings.
(9) Unredeemed Days and Credits:
Unused days become obsolete at the end of every paying month and do not carry through to the next month.
If you dispute any part of an invoice you must pay the amount not in dispute by the due date. We reserve the right to withhold services whilst there are any outstanding fees or you are in breach of your agreement.
(11) Payment Methods:
We do not accept cash or cheque payments. We accept debit and credit card payment through our website. We may accept credit and debit card payments (depending on your Huckletree site) via handheld processing terminals. Bank transfers may be permitted for larger teams only. You agree to inform us promptly of any changes to your card and ensure that you replace your payment card prior to its expiration date. You will be able to update your payment details inside your Member Dashboard. If payment via credit or debit card fails on two occasions, we may require you to pay a non-refundable administrative fee of £50.
(12) Payment For Recurring Services:
Services can be cancelled at any point with the change coming into effect at the end of this paying month, until which time you will continue to have use of the service. A service may be added at any time during the month. The first month will be prorated and on the 1st of the next calendar month your full month’s payment will be drawn.
(13) Changes to our Pricing:
All our pricing is subject to annual increases every year during the term of your Membership Agreement. We agree to notify you at least 60 days prior to the increase. If you do not contact us to terminate your Membership Agreement then you will be deemed to have accepted the change to our Fees.
TERM + TERMINATION
Your Membership Term will commence once we have received your first month’s fees and your Setup Fee or Security Deposit. Should your Community Lead agree that your Membership Term may commence prior to us receiving your fees, your first month will be designated as of the first day of your Membership Term. If your Start Date is a Business Day, you will be entitled to move into your Workspace on the Start Date. If your Start Date is not a Business Day, you will be entitled to move into the Workspace on the first Business Day after the Start Date no earlier than 11 a.m.
(2) Cancellation Prior to Start Date:
Should you cancel your Membership Agreement prior to your Start Date you agree that your Setup Fees and/or Security Deposit will not be refunded.
(3) Forced Delay of your Start Date by us:
Should your Workspace not be available for use on your Start Date, we will not be subject to any liability nor will such failure affect the validity of this Agreement. In this event, your Membership Start Date will be delayed until your Workspace is made available to you. We will make all reasonable effort to ensure that you are kept up to date with our opening date.
(4) Minimum Commitment Period:
The Minimum Commitment Period may differ from Member to Member and between Membership Plans and Huckletree Sites. Your Minimum Commitment Period refers to an amount of full calendar months and to this effect a prorated first month would not count towards this period. Once the Minimum Commitment Period has expired, your Huckletree Membership will be renewed automatically on a month by month basis and will continue to be renewed each month until you requests to amend or cancel your Membership Plan.
(5) Changes to Plans:
Membership Plans may not be cancelled or downgraded before the Minimum Commitment Period has expired. You may upgrade your Membership Plan whilst in your Minimum Commitment Period, with the change coming into effect on your next payment date and with this triggering a new Minimum Commitment Period. Once the Minimum Commitment Period has expired, Membership Plans can be amended with the change coming into effect on the next payment day. Only one change per calendar month is permitted.
(6) Notice Period:
You may submit notice prior to the expiry of your Minimum Commitment Period but your notice will not be considered effective before the expiration of your Minimum Commitment Period. You must submit notice on or before the 1st of each calendar month in order for your membership to be annulled at the end of your Notice Period. Should you submit notice on the 2nd of the month or after, your Notice Period will be extended by a period of one calendar month.
(7) Terminating your Plan at the Expiry of your Minimum Commitment Period:
All cancellation requests must be submitted by your Team Admin via your Member Dashboard or in writing to your Community Manager. The last business day of the calendar month will be your end date and you will not be entitled to prorate the last month’s membership fees.
(8) Removal of Property post Termination:
You agree to remove all property belonging to your Membership Team from your Workspace prior to the termination of your Membership Agreement. If you have not removed your property within 7 days of the termination of your Membership Agreement we will be entitled to dispose of your remaining property and you will have no rights to any claims or demands regarding your property of our handling thereof. Furthermore you agree to pay any handling fees incurred by us in the removal of your property.
(9) Changes or Removal of Team Admin:
Only a Company Director will have the authority to override the requests of or make a change to your designated Team Admin. If we have not received instructions from a Company Director we will use our own reasonable judgment to designate a new Team Admin. We reserve the right to request official documentation of Company Directorship.
(10) Our Right to Terminate:
We reserve the right to terminate your Membership Agreement and access to the relevant Huckletree Site immediately and without refund if:
• You are in breach of one or more of the terms and conditions listed here in your Membership Agreement or the House Rules.
• Your conduct, or that of someone at the Huckletree Site with your permission, is deemed inappropriate for our environment or unpleasant or to be a form of gross misconduct (including but not limited to stealing, misuse of premises for illegal or misleading business practices, vandalism, harassment);
• You fail to pay for the services provided by the due payment date;
• You become insolvent, go into liquidation or become unable to pay your debts as they fall due;
• We cease to have any right to occupy the building, or cease to have any interest in the Huckletree Site you are working from.
If we put an end to the agreement for any of these reasons, it does not put an end to any outstanding obligations you may have and you must pay for additional services you have used.
You agree to indemnify us against all reasonable and proper costs and losses we incur as a result of the termination. We may give you not less than 7 days notice of termination of this Membership Agreement at anytime and, following termination, you will cease to have access to the relevant Huckletree Site.